Cobra in CM Residence: Mehbooba stuck in room for half an hour
Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti had to stay put in her room for half-an-hour on Tuesday, 18 April 2017 morning when a deadly snake, a cobra, was spotted in the CM’s official residence thereby creating panic. The CM House staff and the Special Security Group (SSG), which is responsible for the protection of the CM of Jammu and Kashmir were in a tizzy as the CM was in her official residence and was scheduled to move out.
“The CM was ready to move out, when at around 9:45 am the SSG passed a message to Mehbooba ji not to come out as a snake has been spotted outside in the lawns,” said informed sources. “A call was made to the Wildlife Department informing them of the emergency following which a team immediately rushed to the spot.” “It took the Wildlife team 18 minutes to catch the cobra following which they returned. It was a huge sigh of relief for the SSG personnel,” the sources added. The Wildlife Department officials said that the snake, a cobra, was a dangerous one as the breed is especially known to become even more poisonous when summers are at peak.
Delhi Police files FIR after Hizb-ul-Mujahideen letter threatens to target anti-terror activist
Delhi police has lodged an FIR after it received a letter from a Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander threatening to target selected people, including an anti-terror activist and a journalist.
In a letter written on its letterhead, the terror outfit threatened to target all those people the Hizbul commander claims are trying to influence youths in Kashmir.
- The letter read, “Hizb-ul-Mujahideen, its martyrs and its operatives are struggling for freedom of Kashmir but people like Bitta and others are engaged in issuing statements against the organisation. Henceforth, if the named people are found to be involved in giving or publishing such statements or trying to influence the Kashmiri youth, Bitta and his associates will be decimated.”
- Apparently, Bitta and his associates have been working in Jammu and Kashmir region for their anti-terrorism crusade through an organisation called the Anti-Terrorist Front. They had recently visited Jammu and had met those who had helped in the arrest terror operative Javed. Bitta and his team had also felicitated these people.
- This could be the reason why he and his colleagues have come on the radar of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen.
- Bitta is already a high-value target for Khalistan-related terror groups active in foreign countries.
- Top intelligence sources said Khalistan terror groups had recently placed a high bounty on his head.
- Though Bitta has Z+ security, the highest level of security cover given to any civilian, this fresh threat has become a cause of grave concern for the security apparatus as well.
- Bitta lives in a specially-designed bungalow in Lutyens Delhi. The rented bungalow has been designed in a way such that it ensures top-notch security.
- Sources in Delhi Police said that since the threat was grave and came from a known terror organisation, no one was taking any chances and a fully-fledged probe had been launched.
- Talking to India Today, Bitta said that he was concerned after receiving the letter but that would not deter him from his anti-terror crusade.
Protest After BJP Minister’s Remarks on Stone pelters
Senior leaders and Members of the youth wing of Kashmiris main opposition National Conference party shout anti-Jammu and kashmir Coalition Government and Senior BJP minister slogans against Chandra Prakash Ganga during carrying his effigy of Coalition Government minister in Srinagar on Thursday April 20, 2017. Jammu and Kashmir Minister Chandra Prakash Ganga has been quoted as saying, “Stone pelters are anti-nationals. We can’t be kind to these people. The only way to deal with such people is by bullets.” The comment comes at a time when Jammu and Kashmir is on the edge.
“They are traitors, whether they have come from Pakistan or live here. There is only one remedy for them and that is bullets. And if not bullets, they should be handed over such a punishment like the youth who are beaten with sticks by forces. Take my word that next time they (the youth) won’t throw stones,” he said earlier.
4 killed, 5 injured in Doda cab accident
Four persons, including a woman, were killed and five others critically injured when the vehicle they were travelling in skidded off the road and fell downhill near Khelleni in Jammu and Kashmir’s Doda district on Friday morning.
An official said a passenger cab bearing registration number PB 32A -9851 was on its way from Punjab to Gandoh when it skidded off the road near Khelleni, 10 km from Doda on NH 244, apparently after the driver lost control over the vehicle.
Former Director, College Education Department under scanner; RTI reveals misuse of College funds
In a report published by dainik sawera, it stated that the former Director of College Education Department N.D Wani had misused the college funds for the maintenance purpose of his Govt vehicle. The report stated that the Director Wani used his authority via Principal Commerce College Jammu Hanila Agarwal for the purpose. The matter came to light after an RTI enquiry by Prof. SK Bhalla who said that such activity is totally illegal and unlawful. Stating his personal account as having served as the Principal of the institution before he said that he’s aware of such the underlying matter behind the case and should not have occurred. The case is under investigation by vigilance department.
Famous Kud area enroute to Kashmir faces decline in visitors and sales
Kud area of Udhampur district in Jammu is famous for its delicious sweet “Patisaa”. But now, the sellers are witnessing steep decrease in sales.
On one side the development of National highways in the state has benefitted the people of the country, on the other the locals residents are experiencing a financial crunch because of new the Chenani Nashri tunnel which was inaugurated 3 weeks back by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Rajinder Sharma, owner of Prem Sweets located in Kud area said that our shop is more than 70 years old. He said that they are suffering from the financial losses due to the opening of the Chenani Nashri tunnel.
The Chenani-Nashri tunnel helps the passengers to circumvent the Patnitop-Kud belt. He added that their shop witnessed so many problems due to highway blockades. In a way to sustain, we opened a new shop to cover up the losses near the entry point of the Chenani nashri tunnel.