Samosa without potatoes? What! That frown on your face is sure to change into a wide and contented smile once you taste this Hariyali Samosa. This is also known as patti samosa is perfect for a rainy evening with family. Prepare it and you will be amazed by the texture and flavour of this ‘samosa with a twist’!
- 7 samosa pattis
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida) dissolved with 2 tbsp water
- oil for deep-frying
For The Filling
- 1/2 cup boiled and crushed green peas
- 1 cup finely chopped and boiled french beans
- 2 tbsp beaten rice (poha) , washed and drained
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Place a samosa patti on a clean, dry surface and fold the right bottom corner of the samosa patti on the opposite side to form a triangle.
- Fold the entire triangle towards its left and again fold the entire triangle diagonally on the opposite side as shown in the image.
- Fill a portion of the filling and seal the edges using the maida-water paste so that the filling does not spill out as shown in the image.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 6 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few samosas, at a time on a slow flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney.