Teachers’ Bhavan and Auditorium, Jammu: 12 things to know
1.Built over a cumulative cost of Rs 13. 50 crore, the added facilities would be used for continuous teacher trainings and capacity building in the Education Department.
2. The auditorium has been constructed with proper acoustic treatment having insulation from heat and sound.
3. The capacity of auditorium is 700 seats having both audio and visual facilities with HVAC system is seen as one of the biggest beautiful auditorium of Jammu.
4. In this auditorium, seminars, powerpoint presentations and teacher training programs can be organised. Moneover, the auditorium is apt for film screenings, display of theatrical programs and cultural activities.
5. Teachers Bhawan consisting of 41 bed rooms, having staying capacity of 150 people. and having sufficient parking space of 60 cars with a beautiful landscaping and lush green area having been constructed by J&K housing board with all the basic ameneties has been constructed at war footing and completed in record time under the direction of Mr. Vipra Bhal, Mananing Dir, J&K housing board.
6. The building is three storeys, located in hub of city having three seater room, 2 seater rooms and 2 dormitories.
7. Both the buildings are equipped with latest fire fighting systems and having beautiful exterior facade and state of art with modern architectural concepts and exemplellary model of good workmanship
8. These two buildings can be outsourced by the education department in addition to theiur own programs. This will be vital asset for education deptt. to facilitate the education program beside earning revenue through outsourcing.
9.All the bedrooms have been furnished with furniture, bedding and almirahs and beautifully decorated with a wonderful ambiance
10. Addressing a gathering after the inaugurations, the Chief Minister said, “we need to be sensitive to the needs of not only the students but the teachers as well”. She said the teachers need to be given trainings and refresher courses on periodic basis. She said the passion of being a teacher needs to be brought back by taking steps to build the image of a teacher and giving him/her an ambient atmosphere at schools.