Delhi, the national capital of Indiais also know for Shani Dham Temple. This temple is about 8-9 kms away from Mehrauli and is situated at Asola. The temple has a natural rock idol of Lord Shani, as the chief deity. Apart from this, other fabricated idols are also established since long.
Facts about the temple:
- The temple has natural rock Idol of Shani Dev as prime deity and also host the world’s tallest statue of Lord Shani.
- These idols were worshipped and adored for long- long times, but in the last few years i.e. on May 31, 2003 the largest Shani Idol was unveiled by Anant Shree Vibhushit Jagat Guru Shankracharya Swami Madhavasharam Ji Maharaj, since then, it has become an attraction for the devotees of Lord Shani.
- Before unveiling the idol of Shani, Shree Shani Dham Peethadeshwar Sant Shiromani Shani Charanuragi ‘Datti’ Madan Maharaj Rajasthani ji performed the enchanting of One HundredCrores, and Thirty TwoLakhsShani Mantras on the sacred grove.
- On the top of the temple, the eight metalled largest radiant Shani idol has been erected. As soon as one enters the main door, he prospects the huge radiate idol of Lord Shani and the Shani rock too.
- In the east side of Shani Shila is a big hall wherein symbolic idols of the twelve ‘Jyotirlings’ are established.
- On the western part of the Shani Dham is western faced huge Shani statues erected over the buffalo and the vulture.
- The Shree Shanidham Trust is anon-profit, non-governmental social welfare volunteer organization. The Trust is engaged in social welfare activities in different parts of India but is primarily focused on Rajasthan, and has worked in areas of Rajasthan affected by drought.