Sangeeta Amladi, head medical services, Kaya Skin Clinic, has laid down some easy-to-follow beauty tips that will help you put all your qualms about looking good to rest and focus only on having a good time, said a statement.
* Oily skin is a big no-no – Keeping the October heat in mind, make sure your skin is cleansed before applying makeup. Try to keep the make up as minimal as possible to avoid it peeling off. Use a skin cleanser to gently remove dirt, excess oil and make-up from your skin. Make sure you wash your face with water at regular intervals throughout the day to rid it of oil and sweat.
* Keep your skin type in mind before opting for facials – Listen to what your skin is telling you. Homemade masks and face packs are one of the best and natural ways of getting smooth and glowing skin. There are different types of masks for oily and dry skin that you can opt for according to your skin type:
– Tomato Mask: For oily skin, mash up a ripe tomato and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
– Banana Mask: For dry skin, mash up a ripe banana, add some honey to make a soft pulp. Apply it on your face and neck for 15 minutes and rinse with water.
– Honey Mask: Apply pure honey to your face and neck. Allow it to set until dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
– Orange Mask: Peel out a slice of orange and gently rub the orange juice onto your skin. Keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse. You’ll get an instant glow.
* Beauty sleep is a must: During the festive season, you tend to get puffy eyes due to all those late night parties. Splashing cold water into the eyes and using eye pads with cucumbers, potatoes or green tea bags will help reduce puffiness and keep you radiant as ever.
* Watch what you eat: You tend to over eat during the festive season with all the sumptuous feasts laid out around you. Unfortunately, your skin has to bear the brunt of all that over-indulgence. Amidst all those oily snacks and desserts, do not forget to eat your greens and keep yourself sufficiently hydrated.
* Ditch the frizz: October heat can make your hair go limp on occasions where you need to dazzle the crowd. In order to avoid that, use a mild shampoo, a good conditioner and some light serum afterwards to give the desired bounce to your hair. Avoid using hot dryers and irons, and in case you use hairsprays, glitter or any other hair products, make sure you wash off all the chemicals from your hair completely.
* Avoid experimenting at the last moment: Trying out new facials on the day of your party might just turn out be disastrous. However, going for milder facials like a Vitamin C peel or an instant hydrating mask might just give your skin the glow it needs.