On the eve of 546th Birth Anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Ji Maharaj, a religious Nagar Kirtan (procession) is being taken out on 23-11-2015 at 1000 hours to 1700 hours which will start from Gurdwara Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Chand Nagar Jammu via Samadian Road- Vivekanand Chowk, Gumat crossing, Dogra Chowk, Bikram Chowk, District Police Line, Danik Jagran Chowk, Green Belt Chowk (Lighting), Gandhi Nagar Hospital Road, Gole Market, FCI Depot., Shiva Ji Chowk, Khalsa Chowk, Gurdwara Sri Singh Sabha Nanak Nagar Jammu. The general public is requested to follow the following traffic diversions/restrictions for smooth plying of vehicular traffic, so that no inconvenience is caused to general public:-
• Light vehicles coming from Railway Station shall be diverted via Gujjar Nagar, Circular Road.
• The vehicles coming from Indira Chowk bound for JP Chowk/Vivekanand Chowk shall be diverted towards Fly- Over or B.C Road till the procession crosses Dogra Chowk.
• The vehicles coming from Residency Road bound for Dogra Chowk will be diverted towards Gujjar Nagar till the procession crosses DPL Jammu.
• The vehicles coming from Vivekanand Chowk bound for JP Chowk will be diverted towards Mansar Lane, Raghunath Bazar, Residency Road etc. for onward destination.
• The vehicles coming from Satwari side bound for Dogra Chowk, Vinayak Bazar, JP Chowk, Indira Chowk etc. will be diverted via Fly over
News sourced from- Social Page of Jammu & Kashmir Traffic Police
Image Courtesy – Cumbriacrack