Srinagar: In view of the ensuing Eid-ul-Azha, tens of thousands of vehicles are expected to throng the city Hub at Lal Chowk. Traffic police has made elaborate arrangements to discourage traffic gridlocks along Residency Road and M.A Road stretches which otherwise puts the common man to a lot of inconvenience as the whole area gets converted into a shopper’s paradise leaving least space for vehicles to move and therefore for convenience of general public, the following traffic police arrangements are hereby made from wee hours w.e.f 21-09-2015 till conclusion of Eid-ul-Azha prayers:-
NO ENTRY ZONE:
No vehicular traffic shall be allowed to ply on Residency Road from Radio Kashmir to Hari Singh High Street w.e.f 21-09-2015 till Eid-Ul-Azha.
> All Lal Chowk bound commercial vehicles approaching from Soura, Hazaratbal and Harwan shall adopt the following routes after converging at Badyari Chowk:-
- a) Badyari Chowk- M.A Bridge- M.A road-Budshah Bridge. At Budshah Bridge all vehicles shall take U-turn immediately below the Flyover and shall proceed back along Budshah Bridge- Maisuma- Madina Chowk-Exchange Road- Barbarshah-Baba Dharam Dass temple.
- b) At Baba Dharam Dass temple vehicles bound for Soura and on onwards shall take a left turn towards Babademb and onwards.
- c) At Baba Dharam Dass temple the vehicles bound for Hazaratbal shall adopt Khonakhan- Khanyar route for onward journey.
- d) At Baba Dharam Dass temple the vehicles bound for Nishat, Harwan shall follow Khonakhan- Badyari Chowk route for onward journey.
No vehicle shall be allowed to park along M.A Road on either tube, Jehangir Chowk, Exhibition, HSHS and violators shall be dealt sternly. All commercial vehicle operators shall ensure that they shall not resort to intermittent stop, gaps and shall board or alight passengers at designated bus stops/bus bays.
- Hypertension can cause brain damage
- US drone strike kills seven in Pakistan