New Delhi, Oct 12: The UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2016 will be conducted from December 3 to December 9. The exam will be conducted in two sessions, from 9:30 am to 12 noon and from 2 pm to 5 pm. The UPSC Prelims result is out and now candidates are preparing for the Main Exam. Candidates should follow some important instructions before appearing for the exam. UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2016 will be consisting of 9 papers. Candidates who will qualify the UPSC Main exam will appear for the Interview. Candidates will be selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the Main Exam and the interview.
The DAF for the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Main exam is available at the official website of UPSC. Candidates will have to fill the detailed application form on or before 6:00 pm on October 20. Candidates should go through important instructions as mentioned below:
1. The exam will be conducted in various centers across the nation, namely; Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada. The exam centres and the dates of the Mains examination will be mentioned in the call letter. Candidates have to follow the instructions mentioned in the call letter and reach the venue on time.
2. The qualified candidate willing to seek admission to the Civil Services Main Exam 2016 must apply online through the official website of Union Public Service Commission upsc.gov.in by filling the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
3. Candidates will have to upload the scanned copies of the required document within the prescribed time limit. The DAF has to be submitted timely.
4. Candidates will not be allowed to change the Centre, Optional Subject, Indian Language paper (Paper-A) and Medium of Examination they have indicated in their filled online.
5. Candidates will not be allowed to raise any request for withdrawal of candidature after he/she has submitted his/her application.
6. The General category candidates applying for Civil Services (Main) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- as an examination fee. The fee needs to be deposited in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Net Banking facility of SBI/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
7. If any candidate appears in any center other then the one which has been allotted to him, o appears in any other optional subject for which he/she has not applied or in an Indian language paper other than the one indicated by UPSC in his/her admit card, the paper of such candidate will not be considered and his candidature will be cancelled.
8. Incomplete online application or DAF or incorrectly filled in or gives wrong code numbers will be rejected.
9. If a candidate needs any assistance regarding filling up of Detailed Application Form (DAF), he/she can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 011-23385271.
10. The e-admit cards will be issued electronically on the official website of the Union Public Service Commission. It should be download and should be checked from all aspects. In case, there is any mistake in the e-Admit Card, it should be brought to the notice of the Commission with a request to issue the correct e-Admit Card.
11. Candidates will not be allowed to take the examination on the strength of e-Admit Card issued in respect of another candidate.
12. It is mandatory to carry the admit card in the examination center. If a candidate fails to carry the admit card, he/she will not be allowed to enter the exam center.