Srinagar October 20: State Transport Minister along with a number of other bureaucrats has been caught in the net of State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) and is facing probe in corruption cases.
As per the details provided by a leading local daily, SVO has initiated a preliminary enquiry against Transport Minister Abdul Gani Kohli on receiving a complaint of encroachment of state land on 16th of July this year.
Along with Transport minister, there are several others who are facing corruption cases. Here is the detailed list of several former legislators who have been allegedly facing preliminary inquiries in the State Vigilance Organization (SVO) under various charges:
- Kifiayat Hussain Rizivi, Managing Director SIDCO SVO for ignoring the norms for allotment of Government land during his tenure
- Dr Showkat Zargar, Director SKIMS for illegal appointments of more than 100 class IV employees
- J.P Singh, former youth service and sports, Director for granting illegal promotion on fake degrees in 2012-13
- Abdul Majid Mir, IAS, Custodian General J&K for misuse of official position by allotting evacuee property to undeserving persons
- Dr Reyaz Farooq, Principal Govt Dental College, Srinagar for disproportionate assets
- Dilshad Khan, Former Transport Commissioner J&K for delaying the issuance of already sanctioned Las/rout permits
- Jag Mohan Singh Tandon, Former Managing Director, SRTC, J&K for having conducted irregularities/ bunglings and misappropriation of an amount of Rs. 1. 50 crore
- Rakesh Sharma, Managing Director of JK Cements Ltd for purchasing coal from local dealer of Jammu without calling tenders
- Nazir Hussain Choudhary, Medical Superintendent of SMHS hospital Srinagar for allotment of parking to one contractor since 2012
- Dussehra preparations at Parade Ground & Geeta Bhawan Complex, Jammu
- Srinagar back to normal, Anantnag witnesses clashes