News that made headline today.
1. Situation in J&K changing, says Governor Satyapal Malik.
Asserting that situation in Jammu and Kashmir is changing, Governor Satya Pal Malik on Saturday said separatist Hurriyat Conference leaders were ready for talks with the Center.
2. Nehru gave portion of Kashmir to Pak without taking Sardar Patel in confidence: Shah.
Launching a scathing attack on Congress on the handling of Jammu and Kashmir by its successive governments, Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday claimed that the then prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru gave a portion of Kashmir to Pakistan without the consent of the then Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
3. M S Bitta calls for vote in Parliament on Article 370, 35A to identify ‘traitors.
All India Anti-Terrorist Front (AIATF) chairman M S Bitta Friday called for a vote in Parliament on revocation of Article 370 and 35A of the Constitution, saying it will help the nation identify the “traitors”.
4. Home minister’s argument for extending President Rule in J&K ‘unacceptable’: Omar Abdullah.
National Conference vice president Omar Abdullah on Friday said Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s argument justifying the use of Article 356 of the Constitution to extend President’s Rule in Jammu and Kashmir is “unacceptable”.
5. Ration dealer caught dumping wheat bags, large quantity seized.
A ration dealer was caught dumping wheat bags, which are meant to sold in the open market.