Since many people observe fast on Mahashivratri in which can lower your energy levels and make you feel weak and hungry.
Looking into the matter we have brought you a recipe that can help you having a healthy fasting.
- 1/2 cup sanwa millet (sama)
- 1/2 cup rajgira flour
- 1/2 cup sour buttermilk
- 1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
- rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- oil for cooking
- Clean, wash and soak the sanwa millet in enough water for atleast 2 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a fine paste using 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the rajgira flour, buttermilk, ginger-green chilli paste and rock salt and mix well. Cover and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Divide the batter into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5″) diameter thin dosa.
- Smear a little oil along the sides, cook till both the sides of the dosa turns golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve hot with green chutney or peanut curd chutney.