Weekend Recipe: Faraali Dosa
Since many people observe fast on Mahashivratri in which can lower your energy levels and make you feel weak and hungry.
Looking into the matter we have brought you a recipe that can help you having a healthy fasting.
- 1/2 cup sanwa millet (sama)
- 1/2 cup rajgira flour
- 1/2 cup sour buttermilk
- 1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
- rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- oil for cooking
- Clean, wash and soak the sanwa millet in enough water for atleast 2 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a fine paste using 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the rajgira flour, buttermilk, ginger-green chilli paste and rock salt and mix well. Cover and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Divide the batter into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5″) diameter thin dosa.
- Smear a little oil along the sides, cook till both the sides of the dosa turns golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve hot with green chutney or peanut curd chutney.