With flavors reminiscent of the classic Greek spanakopita, try a Greek omelette for your breakfast or brunch this weekend.
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (a few chopped basil leaves perks it up even more)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cheese
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a shallow frying pan.
- Add the onion and saute until crisp tender.
- Add the tomato and saute until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and toss until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Remove veggies from pan and keep warm.
- Melt another teaspoon of butter in the frying pan.
- Lightly whip the eggs with the water. Add seasonings to taste.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and cook over medium heat until the edges start to set.
- Lift up the edges, letting the uncooked eggs run underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, top with the feta cheese.
- Spread reserved vegetables over 1/2 of omelet and fold it over.
- Slide it onto a plate and dig in!