A flavorful and easy to cook dish with a huge yum factor, guaranteed to make you fall in love with it in the first bite. Keema Biryani is indeed a fantastic dish made with mince meat and Basmati rice and some spices.
- 350 gms Basmati Rice
- 400 gm Keema
- 3 tbsp Curd
- 1 large-sized Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 100 gm Ghee
- 1/2 cup Milk
- A few strands of Saffron
- 1-inch piece Cinnamon
- 3-4 Cardamoms
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Cook rice in salted water, till it is just half cooked. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Mix the saffron in milk and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a medium-sized pan and fry chopped onions, till they become translucent.
- Now, add the whole spices and let them splutter.
- Mix in keema and ginger-garlic paste. Fry for 6-7 minutes, on medium heat.
- Once the keema is properly fried and releases aroma, mix curd and red chilli powder.
- Turn the heat to low and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and set aside.
- Place one part of the half cooked rice in a baking dish. Then, add a portion of prepared keema and sprinkle half of the saffron milk and half of the lime juice.
- Now, cover with another portion of rice and repeat the same process with keema, saffron and lime juice. Top it with the remaining rice.
- Pour chicken stock over the layers of biryani.
- Lid the top or seal it with a foil. Bake in the oven, at a low temperature for 15 minutes.
The Keema Biryani is ready to be served.