All Employees Welfare Association J&K NHM working under centrally sponsored scheme National Health Mission lodged a massive protest at Press Club Jammu, in which the employees assembled from all districts of state and raised following issues :-
- Regularize our services as per State SRO 255.
- Release the salary which is pending from last 4 to 5 months immediately because all the festivals like Eid, Karwachoth and Diwali, all are coming in October month.
- Bring Uniformity in salary hike for all categories working in NHM which is applicable to all employees w.e.f this month.
- Give maternity leave as well as paternity leave with salary and all other benefits.
- Job Security to all Employees which are working in difficult conditions.
- Give Life Insurance cover to all Employees .
The Union also Condemned the criteria fixed for salary hike prepared in the office of State Health Society , while finalizing Programme Implementation plan for the year 2014-15 under NHM like 15% to 35 % hike approved in the salary component which results that a section of employees will get 35% hike and other section 15 % , resulting a huge disparity in the salary . They accused the Mission Director NHM for his failureness to project the Uniformity in Salary component and also ignoring Govt. of India guidelines regarding initiatation a process for phase wise regularization of staff under national health mission.
The Employees of NHM J&K urged to hon’ble Chief minister of j&k State Jenab Omar Abdullah and Chairman Governing body NHM Jenab Iqbal Khandey, Chief Secretary, J&K state and Chairman Executive body NHM, Jenab Gazzenfer Hussain, Commissioner/Secretary HME department for equal percentage of salary hike & issue instructions to the Mission Director .
The NHM Employess J&k also appealed for regularization of their services for which guidelines has already been issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare , Govt of India vide D.O No. 17019/17/12/NRHM- IV Dated 09-7-2012 which was also endorsed by Health & Medical Education Department , Govt of Jammu and Kashmir vide letter no HD/NRHM/17/2012 Dated 28-09-2012 or in the pattern of SRO 255 recently ordered by Govt of Jammu and Kashmir for regularization of contractual/consolidated/Daily wager/ head bases of all the depts.