Jammu and Kashmir
1. Mehbooba to file nomination paper for by-poll on 1 June
Mehbooba Mufti will file nomination papers on 1 June, for the June 19 by-poll to Anantnag Assembly constituency. She was scheduled to file papers yesterday at 10 am but it was changed to Wednesday.
2. Engg student from J&K found dead in Hostel room in Punjab
Mudassir Ahmad Rather, was found dead under suspicious circumstances in his hostel room in Fatehgarh Sahib district of Punjab. He was found dead inside a locked room with injury marks on his head
3. Massive Fire, multiple explosions in India’s biggest Central ammunition depot; 17 dead
At least 17 people were killed and another 19 injured, some seriously, in a major fire followed by a blast in India’s biggest Central Ammunition Depot, Pulgaon in adjoining Wardha district in Maharashtra in the early hours of Tuesday, officials said.
4. Here’s what cheaper and whats’s costlier
Food safety in Srinagar told media persons that the bakery manufacturers have given in writing that they are not using potassium bromate at all. Potassium bromate, which is used as an additive, might be used by mill owners while preparing “maida” say sources.
8. Swords, Hockey sticks used to attack a family. Son, father, mother were all beaten up
Four members of the family, Tanveer Singh, Tejinder Singh, Navjot Singh and Kitty Kour were attacked and beaten relentlessly by a dozen men over a property row. The police have made the list of men involved in the assault and have filed a case under sections 307, 425 and 452.
9. 4000 ex-militants want to return to Kashmir; something not possible now
4000 youth from Jammu and Kashmir who crossed over to Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) for arms training are repeatedly calling their families and relatives seeking facilitation of their return. While a majority of 4000 youths were camping in PoK, there were very few, who have been staying in parts of Pakistan.
10. Nagbani Sexual Harassment Case
The burning issue concerned with allegations of sexual harassment of a Primary School Teacher by the Principal of MHAC Nagbani School seems to be tilting in the Principal’s favour as yesterday, a huge section of school teachers employed with the school openly came out in his support.
11. Doctor Escapes death as his car skids into deep gorge
Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Dr Shadab Gagroo narrow escaped death when his Maruti car bearing registration number JK02N-3848 skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Suigwari area of Doda on Batote – Kishtawar highway on Tuesday morning.
12. Vigilance Commission orders for registration of case against Xen, AEE, JE
The IGP Vigilance Organization has been asked to file FIR against then Executive Engineer, Suraj Prakash, Assistant Executive Engineer, Ram Gopal and Junior Engineer Sanjay Atri of R&B Division Udhampur for their omissions and commissions while discharging official duties besides recovering Rs. 2,45,179 from them.
13. Acclaimed Bollywood personality who hails from J&K passes away
Renowned Film Producer and a Director, Sh. Vikas Mohan passed away on Tuesday at a hospital in Mumbai. Vikas Mohan was known for his outstanding work in film industry like Aarzoo, Kohram, Libaas, No one killed Jessica and many others.
14. CM Mehbooba Lashed out on opposition over pigeon remarks
Reacting to the Opposition’s charges over ‘Cat and Pigeon’ remark’, the Chief Minister said her statement has been distorted by the Opposition and media to project as if every Kashmiri is a militant. “My remarks were distorted. Kashmiri Muslims are fed up with violence.”
15. 2,234 get HIV after blood transfusion, 14 in J&K
2,234 persons across India have been infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) while getting blood transfusions in last 17 months alone.