Youth charred while trying to click selfie atop Jammu bound train

LUCKNOW: In a freak accident, a 27-year-old man was electrocuted while trying to click a selfie atop a train coach at Charbagh railway station here on Thursday. His selfie stick came in contact with an overhead high-tension wire, leading to severe burns.
According to eye-witnesses, Sandeep Maurya, a resident of Faizullahganj of the city, was rushed to civil hospital by government railway police (GRP) where he died during the course of treatment.
According to GRP inspector Susheel Kumar, Sandeep reached the railway station around 5.30pm to board Begumpura Express for Jammu along with his friend’s family from platform number 7. They were to travel to Vaishno Devi.
Before the departure of his train, Sandeep took out a selfie stick, placed his phone on it and started climbing the roof of a goods train to click a picture. The stick came in contact with the high-tension wire overhead, leading to a shock and burn injuries.
Passengers came out of standing trains. Nobody came near Sandeep fearing an electric shock. Some vendors informed GRP personnel who pulled down Sandeep who was still breathing and rushed him to hospital. The family with whom Sandeep was travelling informed his brother Ram Moorat Maurya.
Describing the incident, passengers said everything happened within seconds, leaving them stunned.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *