Youth Critical after AC Cylinder Explodes in Shalamar

551

Panic spread in the very busy Shalamar Chowk of the city due to the sound of explosions. The cylinder of AC kept in the lap of a young man riding a motorcycle had exploded due to strong sunlight. A 22-year-old motorcycle rider, Hrithik Kumar, son of Madan Lal, resident of Gol Puli, got badly burnt due to the explosion of this cylinder containing about two kg of gas. He was admitted to GMC Hospital for treatment. The accident happened last Tuesday evening.

Hrithik passed through Shalamar Chowk in the city and one of his companions to get gas filled in the AC cylinder. Hrithik’s friend was driving the motorcycle and was sitting on the bike’s back seat. Unfortunately, direct sunlight was falling on the iron gas cylinder, due to which the cylinder became so hot that it exploded. Due to the explosion of the cylinder, its iron pieces hit Hrithik’s leg, stomach and side. Due to this, he got severely burnt. On hearing the sound of the blast, police personnel also reached the spot and got the injured admitted to the hospital.

Also Read:

SHO City Rakesh Kumar said that if the cloth had been kept on the cylinder, then the cylinder would not have been so hot. Hrithik made the same mistake that he did not keep the cloth on the cylinder. Due to which the cylinder had burst.