A 21-year-old boy belonging to the Bantalab area of Samba died under mysterious conditions on Thursday.
According to reports, he consumed a poisonous substance and was admitted to District Hospital Samba, after which he got referred to Government Medical College Jammu for treatment. However, the boy succumbed to death while he was on the way.
The boy has been identified as Shanty s/o Hans Raj. His dead body has been kept in the Mortuary of Accidental Hospital Vijaypur. A case has been filed, and J&K Police is investigating the matter.