1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 493 new positive cases have been
reported since our last update yesterday, 57 from Jammu Division and 436 from
Kashmir Division. Moreover 114 more COVID-19 patients have recovered
and discharged from various hospitals, 14 from Jammu Division and 100 from
Kashmir Division. Also 11 COVID-19 deaths have been reported from Kashmir
Division (15 July 2020; upto 9:00 PM).
2. People are informed that, the best way to protect themselves from COVID-19 is
by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metre from others, frequently
cleaning hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or washing them with soap
& water and following good respiratory etiquettes & hygiene.
3. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face
cover is compulsory.
4. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be
responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not
disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In
case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do
not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to
move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice
social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their
door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can
avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-
2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For
Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for
support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus
8. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt. from time
9. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government
through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised
to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.