Watch Spot Visuals of Pulwama Encounter: Two missing SPO’s among 4 JeM terrorists killed


SRINAGAR: Two SPOs among four JeM terrorists were killed in a fierce encounter which broke out between terrorists and security forces at Panjran area of Lassipora area of South Kashmir’s Pulwama district. Three AK-series rifles have also been recovered from their possession.

An official sources confirmed about killing of two SPOs who had fled with rifle from DPL Pulwama two days back.

Also Read:

As per the sources slain SOG men were going to join JeM outfit after they were missing from DPL along with their weapons.

Two of the slain terrorists were identified as Shabir Ahmad of Tujan, Pulwama and Suliman Ahmad of Uthmulla Shopian who had reportedly signed up for militancy less than 24 hours ago.

Shabir and Suliman were working as Special Police Officers with Jammu and Kashmir Police and had vanished from District Police Lines on Thursday morning with their service rifles.

The other two slain terrorists were identified as Irfan Ahmad Bhat of Arihal Pulwama and Ashiq Hussain Ganie of Panjran.

While as officer said that fourth terrorists identity is yet to be ascertained whose body has been also recovered from the encounter site.

Its pertinent to mention that two SPOs namely Shabir Ahmad of Tujan Pulwama and Salman Ahmad Uthmula Shopian who were posted at DPL Pulwama had been missing along with their service rifles since two days back.

A police officer had said that the two SPOs are believed to have fled away with their service rifles along with the ammunition as the duo was not found present at DPL.

A police official said that a joint team of army, CRPF and SOG men surrounded the Panjra Lassipora village following the inputs about the presence of terrorists on Thursday evening.

“While the searches were being conducted, the terrorists hiding in the area fired upon the forces,” said the official, adding that the fire was retaliated, leading to an encounter.

He said that one of the terrorist  was killed in the initial exchange of fire.

The operation, however, continued till early Friday morning and ended with the killing of four terrorists, said the official.